SLICE IT: YASAI ITAME 野菜炒め
100 g thinly sliced tempeh
10 or so snap peas
1 clove garlic
1 knob ginger
1 TBSP neutral-flavored oil
100 g bean sprouts (2 cups; loosely packed)
For Tempeh Marinade
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP sake
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Thinly slice the tempeh and marinate with 1 TBSP soy sauce and 1 TBSP sake in a small bowl
- Remove the strings from snow peas and cut the onion into thin slices
- Cut the cabbage into bite-sized pieces
- Cut the carrot into into matchsticks
- Mince the garlic and grate the ginger
- In a frying pan, heat 1 TBSP vegetable oil on medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, add the garlic and ginger. When fragrant, add the tempeh.
- Add the onion and stir fry until almost tender. Then add the carrot. If you are going to add other kinds of vegetables that are not in the recipe, start cooking the thicker and tougher vegetables first as they take a longer time to cook.
- Once the carrot is getting tender, add the cabbage and snap peas. Continue to stir and toss the ingredients.
- Then add the bean sprouts and toss one more time. add 1 tsp. soy sauce.
- Add the salt, freshly ground black pepper, and drizzle 2 tsp sesame oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice.